Thursday, July 4, 2013

Uncertainties

As each day comes to an end, I feel a little more anxious. Maybe because I'm just days away, three, to be exact, from adulthood. Not that I would be left alone independently to fend for myself but rather I'm fearful of what the future holds. I'm glad I still have the people I love, and who loves me, to go through every step with me. So thankful for my family, close friends and Chester, especially my parents.

In just eight months' time, I will be busy flipping the papers, surfing recruitment sites and whatnot, anxiously waiting for calls to be interviewed, shortlisted, so on and so forth. I can't imagine myself working for the next four and and half decades, or slightly less than half a century. I will be a few months shy of turning twenty-two when I start working. I can't imagine myself being tied down by so many commitments and loans, and being stuck in a rat-race for god knows when. I am so protected, physically mentally and financially, from this world of adulthood. The thought of being one scares me.

Long term worries aside. It's also quite a killjoy to have school reopening the next day after I turn twenty-one. Long traveling time, packed buses and trains, peak hours, assignments and projects, long draggy lectures, sleepless nights, burning plenty of weekends studying for exams - I hope I can bear with all these for my last eight months in school. Sounds like a short period but nobody actually knows how it feels unless you're in this cycle every single day.

Meanwhile, I hope I'll get to enjoy myself for the next few days and I can't wait to see the ones I hold dear gathering together to celebrate my big day. Till then!





No comments: