Friday, August 20, 2010

Loving the way how I'm spending my Friday just staying at home and lazing around. Idk how the hell I actually zonked out at 9 p.m. last night when I woke up at 2 in the afternoon? Hm but I woke up at 6.50 a.m. this morning, with no alarms!!!!! Kinda unbelievable but as much as I would like to sleep in a little more, the thunder and lightning were too intimidating for me to sleep at ease. Too heavy a downpour, too gloomy a day but that did not stop me from joining my dad to send mom to work. Afterwhich we had breakfast at King Albert Park's Macs. Luv that place. Been there since I was a little kid. Memories :)

Anyway, did I mention that I will be going for my Brisbane study trip in say, 10 days time?! Yeah the school informed us really late and we were all kinda reluctant to go, especially for me, I have visited all the places they are gonna go to. But the lecturers were persistent and kept calling me.... And moreover I had to confirm my attendance by that day, when I was still stuck in my class chalet having fun.

I really reckon this holiday, I will be out most of the time, as in literally, not going home. Class chalet just ended, Brisbane with the school, probably Bali with the family and Penang with the girls? And then after that, school holidays will end two weeks earlier for me cuz I took a module which requires me to stay in the school hostel for two weeks. Idk, but for now I know I'm kinda psyched for the Auz trip.

I feel really fortunate. This is random but yeah I really feel like I am a fortunate kid. Early this morning when Dad and I sent Mom to work, I saw foreign workers squeezing at the back of the lorries, trying to find anything just to seek shelter for themselves from the heavy rain, even if it is an umbrella with holes or any piece of pathetic cloth just to cover their head. And I was right in the car yawning away. I swear I saw their really pathetic faces, as in I really feel sad for them. While people are leading such lives trying to work their guts out coming to a foreign land to support their family back in their hometown, Dad, without batting an eyelid, approved of the trip and even encouraged me to go when I was still hesitating cauz the trip is seriously not cheap at all because of the damn SQ and the perfect lodging. Mom said she will pay for all of my expenses.

Just to side track a little, my parents are even willing to pay for my grooming lessons and fees. Yeah I know this is really -.- but because they think I am not that demure or and I ought to do something about it?

I just feel really bad using my parents' money. But if I were to jolly well afford it and pay the trip for myself, I would gladly do so AND I think I really can afford this by myself but my parents cannot bear to see me taking out money from my own pocket, not even when I am treating Dad to a $2.50 meal at Macs this morning. So what more a $2k+ 6D4N trip? With that amount I could get another powerful laptop (yeah I know I just bought my Fujitsu last year but it is really testing my patience. At times I really wanna slam it and shatter it into pieces, seriously), or my dream bag which would last me all my life, or to pay my school fees for a year, or....... there are like a 1001 things I can do with that sum of money.


Although I might not be as expressive in person and I hardly say 'I love you' to my parents, I really do love them.

No comments: