Friday, October 31, 2008

"There is a reason, a time for every purposes under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck what is planted"
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2

I'm very upset on the demise of my beloved grandfather. He was affectionately know as yeye. My grandpa was a great man. Well the least that could comfort me was that he passed away peacefully, he died of old age. God gave me the gift of having a wonderful grandfather. He lived till a ripe old age. What else can I ask for? I dare say that I was one of his closest grandchild, or even closest one. Yeye and grandma stayed with my parents, brother and I for the first 11 years of my life. He decided he shoud move away when I was 11 because he thinks that I'm growing up and I should not be sharing a room with my brother.
When I was much younger, grandpa loved carrying me around. He walked me to preschool. Held my stubby little hands. Waited for the school bus to arrive and ensured my safety. He rubs my delicate tummy when I had bad tummyaches. When I accidentally knocked into the wardrobe, I always cry. When yeye asked me why am I crying, he'll hit and scold the wardrobe until I stop crying, just to please me. When I was a little much older, he loved calling me crazy girl and in turn, I called him crazy boy. We'll always have breakfast together at the nearby market, savouring our favourite food. Yes we shared the favourite food. When my brother was born and my parents were busy with my brother, he'd be there to take care of me. I chose to sleep with my grandparents instead of the air conditioned room with my parents.
The 5 day wake drained me out both mentally and physically and no doubt I had difficulty focusing because I was feeling tired yet restless, I tell myself, I'll be doing this for my grandfather. Yes it is quite a bad timing but God chose to press the activation button and there is he, up in heaven smiling at us.
Yesterday was the funeral and there was a service at church. He died a Roman Catholic. Dad gave an eulogy. I heard of his courtship with grandma and stuff. He was a romeo. Well, all good things come to an end. Although his death was pretty sudden, I have to learn to accept it. Yeah it was sudden. Just early that morning at 8, grandma was pushing grandpa in his wheelchair as they went for a stroll, and an hour after his bath, there he goes. i wouldn't mind giving an eulogy but I really didn't have the time to prepare the speech.

I would like to thank everybody for keeping my grandpa and family in prayer, especially classmates, and Weishi. Not many people know about this and I have decided to publicise this today.

Last but not least,
Yeye, I love you. Rest in peace










No comments: