Saturday, October 2, 2010

We all know that Mrs Lee Kwan Yew passed away just a couple of hours ago. Frankly speaking, I did not understand and did not know how was it like to have someone dear to you departing from this world until my grandpa passed away some two years back. It is October already and speaking of which, his second death anniversary is approaching... This morning when I was doing some simple packing in the living room, I looked through some of the photos grandpa and I took together when I was much younger and I always know he liked carrying me around :')
Coming back to the topic, I think it's a very painful experience to lose someone close to you and I hope the Lee family is coping well!!!

Now putting that aside......,



Bali Trip - 20th-24th September 2010

It was definitely fun travelling with my parents and I would love to go with my friends the next time I go there! It is good to have short getaways once in a while because I'm so bored of staying in this little red dot.

Did not do much on the first day when we reached Bali because when we reached the resort, it was already nine in the evening, so we just explored the resort and the area outside it.

At T3's Changi airport before departure!
Photobucket

Day 2

After breakfast at the resort.
We paid to hire a tour guide just for a day, to bring us to the tourist attractions in Bali. We also got to travel around Ubud, and up north to see the places we were gonna visit.
Photobucket

View from the room
Photobucket

We visited the batik factory to see how the intricate prints were carefully made, jewelery factory outlet to see how they were being made, visited the elephant temple. We were made to wear sarongs or else we will not be able to enter their temples.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was made up of wheat, beans, and everything else food
Photobucket

And this, was taken in another temple
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Preparing for the full moon celebration
Photobucket

Mummy and Daddy
Photobucket

Pretty padi fields!!!!
Photobucket

Visited one of the plantations in Bali
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Had lunch at another tourist attraction. Swear the lunch ripped us off and worse still, the food there is horrible. But the best part of it was that we had a scenic view of a volcano, and we were so high up! Pretty cooling up there, and it felt like Genting.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Proceeded to Spring water temple. This is where all the royalties in Indonesia come here once a year to have their bath because they believe that the water will cleanse their souls.
I wonder how do those ladies do it. They don't seem to have a flat head...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mmm, no apes or humans allowed?
Photobucket




Moving on, the tour guide brought us to see the rice terraces which were really pretty
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the last destination for the day, the Monkey Forest, which was located somewhere in the town area in Bali. The bunch of bananas I bought....was more pricey than the entry tickets to the Monkey Forest -.- Because I was walking around holding a bunch of bananas in my hands, THE MONKEYS FREAKING ATTACKED ME. They just ran to me and snatched the bananas :( But it was definitely cute looking at them eating!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mummy monkey breastfeeding her baby
Photobucket

Day 3

While waiting for the shuttle bus to fetch us to Discovery Mall and then to the beach
We were.....facebooking!
Photobucket

We did body surfing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mani + Pedi + Henna tattoo. Princess treatment, me likey
Check out my henna tattoo at the bottom of the post!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spent only half a day at Kuta beach :( I'd gladly spent all my days at the beach trying different sports if my parents didn't mind the scorching sun...
Lunch was good btw
Photobucket


Day 4

Did some last minute shopping and it was my brother's birthday so we celebrated at a restaurant by the beach
Btw, there was A&W over there so I had to try! Miss eating that :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lol, petrol in absolute vodka bottles?
Photobucket

Took a cab back to the resort, and preparing to head to the airport in the evening.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And on the cab, there was this brochure... I so wanna learn howta surf the next time I go there!
Photobucket


A baby bird in the resort was too young to fly so I picked it up
Photobucket

Sooooo cuteeeeee
Photobucket

At the airport
Photobucket

And check out my henna tattoo!
Photobucket

Haha yeah that's about it for the Bali trip! Hope I'll get to go there again :)

No comments: