Friday, November 7, 2008

My dad's a frequent user of facebook since I don't know when but I know it was quite long ago. This is why sometimes I don't really update my facebook for fear that he might ask me: Who's so and so? Who's that guy? Then just not long ago I decided to grace my dad's facebook and my heart softened. I saw many of our family pictures, which included holiday trips, memorable birthdays and family outings. He NEVER fails to upload them. When it comes to photos of my mom and I, he wrote: the two ladies of my life. This is it. My heart softened as soon as I saw that. I stared at the desktop and started to reflect how dad showers his unconditional love generously at my brother, mom and I. And how bad I was to him when I tried to be rebellious at one point of time. It was only upon reflection that I came across that dad is a man of few words and showered his love subtly with little words of encouragement, tried cooking meals for the family and spent quality time. Generally men with ego do not say I LOVE YOU to their kids. That's mens' ego.
Daddy dearest
Daddy dearest
Daddy dearest.
Dear Joel I know reality is harsh and my condolences to you and your family on the demise of your beloved father. I totally know how it feels because someone whom I dearly cherished left for heaven too. Stay strong, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Life is fragile. Life is unpredictable. My grandpa's and Joel's dad's demise was really sudden with no syndromes and traces of sufferings. Who knows if I were to sleep tonight and never to wake up again? Cherish the ones you love. Live life like a war because we've fought the battle well and to be left satisfied. I must say grandpa's niche is beautiful. Not only were there flowers but little gifts from aunts and uncles like a silver cross chain and pure gold carvings unlike the others who had silver (I bet that cost a bomb). Live life like love.

Today was outing with Ms Wong. A girl working at nike came up to me, talked to me and said that she's from st hildas. Omg the world is so small. I don't know who she is still. We covered almost the whole of Orchard until my dad called me and said he's back but he didn't have his house keys with him. Obviously I was annoyed but after reflecting, no more :) I cabbed home. I told the taxi driver my destination and he went: hmm let's go ECP, blah blah blah. I suck at roads but I knew something was wrong so I said I wanted the shortest way, PIE and exit from bedok reservoir . Omg and he kept quiet, meaning that he knew that I knew that he was trying to rip me off. In the cab on the way back, he thought I'm in my twenties then I went: HUH UNCLE DO I LOOK THAT OLD
Still the cab fare was a killer cos there was this massive traffic jam and it was peak hour. Even if I cab home from tuas it wouldn't cost that much too.

I am happy to add an event into my calander which is the BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT AHHHHH. Means I'll reach Spore only in the wee hours of the morning of the 30th Nov, rest a few hours, BEACH VOLLEYBALL, then proceed to Jul's and Rach's chalet. Omg can't wait.

Enough said I think I talk a lot. No, I am starting to talk more.

No comments: