Sunday, March 21, 2010

So yesterday morning I got my fringe trimmed with Yijia. Thank you, my little bimbotic cousin for accompanying me by having your fringe trimmed too!!
I did something stupid after we got our fringe trimmed and decided to settle down at a coffeeshop nearby for some finger food. K I'm not obliged to tell but yah I'll narrate it to you if you ask!

That evening, yesterday evening, I attended my maternal grandpa's 80th at a Chinese restaurant. Seated on the same table were my mom's two oldest nephews with their newly wedded wives and they were talking about work. Then they gave my mom their name cards and I was surprised and shocked to know that they are such high flyers! The older one barely in his mid thirties was already amongst the board of directors in Citibank. It hit me so damn hard and for the rest of the dinner I was thinking to myself "What have I achieved/been doing for the past few years? What the heck am I doing with my life?"

Correct me if I am wrong, but back then during our grandparents' days, education was a luxury and my grandparents were lucky to be educated in schools. Life was easy as long as they had a little education. Then came my parents' generation. Anyone could study in a university so long as they are financially capable of paying for their own school fees. But even so without a degree, people are still doing well. Now, university admission is so competitive. A Bachelor degree is so common and mediocre. What more to expect in time to come? I went to Korea for a holiday some 4 years back and my tour guide told us that degree holders in Korea are made to work as Environmental Managers. Why do we even see university grads on the streets picking up litter and sweeping the streets of Seoul?

K it's just my view lah. I hope I'm not being a wet blanket but then again, I really hope I can buck up in life by pushing myself a lil more so I get a lil more results. An average kid like me do not really wanna remain average for the rest of my life!


No comments: