Sunday, November 15, 2009

Today was such a busy day!

Nope, I didn't go to church this morning. Didn't go for my cousin's tea ceremony as well because I reckon it'd be quite, err....boring.

Made my way to City Hall, for my God Grandma's 71st. Whoops I got that wrong I thought she turns 80 today :O I felt so out of place. Not because God Grandma's wish was to sit with her grandchildren, including us, but more of....how do I say? I mean like when you see a bunch of senior citizens you'll expect them to speak in their respective dialects or Chinese. Today, seated amongst us were retired old professors, doctors, lawyers. They are good friends of my god grandparents. They were talking about travelling, geography, history and the arts and journalism in perfectly fluent English. So then when God Grandma asked me to eat more wasabi prawns which was damn hot, I said "wo bu yao". She tilted her head and stare at me blankly.

As I made my way to find the toilet, I walked past other private rooms. One of the rooms really caught my attention. There were five tables. Those who were seated there were.....filthy rich social elites looking snobbish and arrogant. But it really changed my perception of them when I saw them laughing heartily.

Lunch was a feast and so was dinner. Had to attend my cousin's wedding dinner in the evening. I felt so bored I started sipping red wine alone at the table because everyone went to the loo. My cousin from the other table kept toasting to me so I kept drinking. Felt slightly light headed and bloated so I didn't have dinner. I'm damn hungry now!!

Cousins
Photobucket

Cousins + Maternal grandparents
Photobucket



No comments: