Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Got up pretty early today for breakfast with Venus then headed to school for my most dreaded tutorial, Public Speaking. Really kinda dread it and almost didn't want to go to school this morning because I don't know anyone and I am scared of getting into a new environment. Everything seems so strange and awkward and I was seated alone. Alone!! Actually everyone else did until slightly later when there were more people streaming into the classroom, my tutor told everyone to move in. This girl approached me and asked me if I was so and so's classmate and we talked. Not thaaaat bad but still feeling jittery when I am supposed to introduce my new friend to the class, in MY dialect. Which is, Cantonese. Holy cowwwww I am a sucker at dialects even though I was brought up by my Hokkien and Cantonese grandparents. So I spoke Chinese, which wasn't at all impressive. Heard some people at the back laughing at me. My new friend thought I was someone who does ballet, piano and everything demure but her jaw literally dropped when I told her I do sports. She screamed.

Walau first tutorial already need to form groups and start on my Public Speaking project. Gotta start preparing my speech already when I don't even know the rest of my classmates.

Macro Economics was disgusting. Then a seminar talk at the convention centre from four to six. Jolene and I were trying to control our bladders which was a really hilarious sight, I thought.

I realize I get tired pretty easily and that I have no idea why. Ah shucks that sucks.


No comments: