Thursday, April 23, 2009

Like what one of the commercials on television which aims to promote family ties among members living in the same household, I am trying to cool down from what has happened just half an hour ago. Just then the most touching part of the commercial flashed in my mind. 'It's the little imperfections that make him/her perfect for you.'

Nooooo it's not just another sibling squabble.
It's about deciding what laptop I should get for school. Generally I've heard from many people that acer is undoubtedly 'godly' and powerful BUT it doesn't last! Yup I went to do my 'notebook' homework and came back home with my ideal notebook in mind already. Mom agreed, but told me to consult Dad so I did. Dad wanted me to get the acer. It's a lil cheaper, but it's chunky monkey and it's bloody heavy (Mind you, half a kg makes much difference!). And it crashed easily so why not a more durable one, right? After much discussion that almost led into a heated argument (I was too lazy to fend for myself and speak already so I kept quiet), and because it was already 11.30pm and I had to do my reseach for essays which is due tomorrow, (!!) Dad came to a verdict- acer, and only acer. No more.
Then for no ryhme or reason, I just teared. Maybe it was tears of anger, or whatever that is. Mom relented. She got me the Fujitsu, the one I wanted. Because I find it durable, light, slim and useful. Frankly speaking people in my course don't need such a powerful notebook simply because we don't deal with graphics. Nor designs.
Then Dad was so peeved. He kept disapproving of my choice. For a moment he kept scolding me for not choosing the notebook he chose for me and the next minute he can link them all up to my hair?!About not mantaining my hair?! Do you see the link?
Anywayz I feel so bad. I intend to save back some $$$ and return to my mom.

Let's not talk about this shall we. Unhappy things shortens my life.
On a lighter note, the girls in my class skipped lecture with me. It all started off as a joke because I told one of them that I'm too lazy to come back to school after the 4 hours break just to attend an one hour's introductory lecture on computer application systems. So they decided to skip lecture with me!! Can't believe it! Met Jas. She skipped school because she was very late for school. Bought rubber bands from Diva. While waiting for Jo, my classmate Ivan texted me saying that attendance was taken during lecture!! Which means I'm so dead so dead so very dead. Then Fiona called me to say that lecture was a waste of time because there was a fire drill. Thank God for Ivan, he took my attendance for me! Dinner at Eighteen Chefs was great! Time flies when I'm with them too and soon dinner was over, we took more pictures, and went on separate ways :(

Sigh, my hectic poly life is about to begin. Lectures. Tutorials. Homework. Projects. Volleyball. Rugby. Hmm what else.



















e






No comments: