Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wonder why blogger has problems uploading pictures. Too much of a hassle to go to photobucket then come back here again.

Today I rushed down to Sentosa. Like I said in my previous post, because I it's my first time doing the linesman duty, I gotta be there at like 9.30am but in the end I reached at 9.45am, with my TP senior! Ha ha small world, bumped into each other in vivo's lift. Then when I reached, the woman somewhat in her early 30s told me that there would be an orientation. This is how it goes....'This is Siloso beach (who doesn't know). This is court 1, court 2 and court 3. The next two courts are for warming up. The last court is specially for the finals.'

That's it. That's it okay. Made me rush down to Sentosa to say these and because of this I gave my Econs lecture a miss. Wow you know I depend very much on lectures to understand the topic?! What is more is that they kind of refused to get me an excuse letter from school which they already promised me. So after the whole rehearsal I bugged them for a letter. Was so close to saying 'If you don't give me the letter I will not come tomorrow for my line judge!' but I could only blurt out 'This would greatly affect my GPA so I NEED a letter, now.'

Kk but on the whole I really felt like I was treated like a real official. A real one. Lotsa food catered for us. There were a number of refrigerators readily available for us with many different kind of drinks. They were such eye candies. On top of that we were given a room to rest. Then while rehearsing, we got to walk into the court with the audience's applause. We also got a tent for the referees and line judges. We also received a cap, 3 shirts and a pass.

Howeverrrrr I got a message from Kerensa and it says 'you got 6* for Econs' and I sulked my way back. Total killjoy. But I must say I did my revision diligently already but with such sulky results.... Moreover it's only the mid semester tests and I'm already scoring Bs and Cs. Not a good sign at alllll :(

But wait. Being a linesman is not as easy as I thought. Can you imagine what if I made the wrong judgement, causing the other country to lose? Or worse still, to be eliminated from the next round?

Time to pack my stuff again. This time I really gotta reach Sentosa by 7.45am. Kill me please...

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: