Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well hello Hong Kong?

Might not be a very good time to plan a holiday now but my mummy wants to bring me to Hong Kong to shop. Reason being is because my family will be going for a holiday during the year end and it'd be Home Alone II for me. Can't remember when was the last time my parents went for a holiday and my brother and I had to stay because we had school. Oh well I cannot join my family for a holiday because I have school...Just wait till my brother enters tertiary education and all 4 can go for a nize family holiday!
I'll be planning this holiday. The first shop I wanna enter in HK is H&M!! Last year I couldn't shop properly @ H&M because my dad and brother couldn't stand me shopping :( I tried googling H&M's store locater in HK and found an interesting article:
(Go enlarge the text and read it!)

H&M may open in Singapore

Industry players say the apparel giant famous for its fashion-forward clothing at affordable prices is in talks with the new mall in Orchard Turn to open an outlet there.

The mall at the junction of Orchard and Paterson roads is set to open late next year. It is tentatively named Orchard Turn because of its address, 2 Orchard Turn. Its official name will be revealed later this month. (It is actually ION la)

.

.

.

But the word on the street is that H&M might be entering the retail scene here on its own, having turned down previous franchise requests from Singapore retailers.

An industry insider says some brands prefer to enter a market through a local franchise partner because of the latter's knowledge of the market and experience in real estate and logistics.

But the market in Singapore is relatively small, so international brands may decide to focus their efforts on larger markets, leaving operations to a local franchisee instead.

.

.

Helen Khoo, executive director of Wing Tai Retail which owns franchise rights to Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Karen Millen and Fox, says: "H&M's entry validates Wing Tai's confidence in the Singapore marketplace as an important and internationally vibrant fashion retail destination."



All's not confirmed all's not confirmed. Air fares + accommodation not very cheap and could prolly fly us to other continents lor. I feel bad to have mom to accompany me because I really want her to relax during her few days leave from work... Athough I really wanna go overseas but I really do feel bad about this but I told her I'm fine with not going. Think mom knows I'm a little upset because some of my friends are going overseas to shop. What's more I cann't join my family this coming holiday trip during my mid sem break because I reckon that my mid sem break will be filled with projects like the previous one. But anyway they'll be going even before my break.

Oh yes I baked brownies with The Bimbo today! Wanted to catch the Hangover at the cinemas but it seemed like it isn't showing anymore then we decided to go rollerblading/cycling but it looked like it was going to rain so it was quite an impromptu decision to come out with the idea of baking brownies while we were having lunch. Quite fun and very, very successful. My family likes it and I think hers too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: